May 24, 2011

The Prince of Tennis

Title: The Prince of Tennis
Original title: tenisu no oujisama
Country: Japan
Genre: School, Sports
Duration: 110 minutes
Released: May 14, 2006
Actors: Hongou Kanata, Shirota Yuu

Plot:

Echizen Ryoma is a twelve-year-old talented tennis player who transferred school to Seishun Academy, that is famous for their strong tennis team.
He's not accepted at first and realizes that there are better tennis players than himself.
This is his journey to become the prince of tennis.

Review:

This was the first japanese movie I've seen, and the first time I saw the movie title, I admit that I was critical.
But then I realized that it was good, maybe a little bit unrealistic, but still good.
The characters were different from each other, and of course I have a favorite.

Ryoma isn't my favorite, even though he's the main character.
I thought he was arrogant, he might have helped that mute girl on the bus, but he thought that he was the king of the world, and better than everyone else.

Fortunatly he learned that there was people that ere better than him, and he played to get stronger than he was.
He really evolved as a person.
One thing I thought about a lot was that he looked like he was about to cry throughout the movie.

I know that he only was twelve years old, but I didn't like to see that all the time when he's trying to look older than he was.

Nanjiroh is Ryomas father and also my favorite character.
The reason why is that he's really funny, and he's everywhere, literally.
He's also the one who has trained his son to become the talented tennis player as he is.
I thought it was cute when he played with the white kitten, so cute.

Tezuka Kunimitsu is the trainer for the team who has an injured arm, he's kind and are willing to do everything for the team.
He's a really strong character.

Shion Higaki is the mute girl that Ryoma helped on the bus.
I really don't know why she's in the picture.
I must have missed something important.
She's almost everytime where Ryoma is, and nothing's ever happen.

Egate McLeod Higaki is Shion's older brother and he's more arrogant than any character in this movie.
He has his reasons, but he's very annoying after a while.
Though he cares for his little sister, and truly are a great tennis player, but he's still very mean to others.
I don't know what to think about him so I think nothing about him.

This movie was cute, but weird.
You don't have to play or even like tennis, it's amusing anyway.
I would like to give this movie 3 stars of 5 possible, because I wasn't bored when I saw it, but I didn't love it either.
It was an okay movie, but nothing more.

3/5:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;