September 11, 2011

Resume

Why does it have to be so hard to write a resume.
I knew that I chose the wrong education from the beginning.
Sure, I would be miserable if I'd chosen psychology, but at least I wouldn't have to try being someone I'm not.

I need to get a practice job for school, and it has to be something related to media.
But I really don't like news papers, magazines, TV, radio and whatever comes up.
I just want to help people in my surroundings, but no.
So now I have to almost lie on my resume and tell them that I'm dying to write an article, or something shallow as that.

I would rather go to an orphanage and take care of the children, volunteering at a senior home or taking care of the homeless.
But they won't let me.

I don't even know if I'm allowed to work at the Science Fiction Bookstore.
There is books, movies, magazines there, only that they are just selling it.
I don't know if that is an option.
I truly hope so though, it's the only place I actually want to have worked at without any meaning for others.

Since they have Asian stuff and of course, movies, I feel like home when I'm there.
Or I would like to work at some second hand store.
That would help other people, and it comes in lots of different stuff that you can't get anymore.
But I don't know if that's allowed either.
The funny part is that I don't even know what counts as media.

David tried to help me with the resume, and he did do a great job.
I understood that I was the only one who could write it, because I'm the one who knows me best.
That's just a fact.
But when I come to the future thoughts of what I'm aiming for in life and my career it's just blank.

I don't want anything to do with media, I think it's evil.
News papers always what to make up peoples minds in politics and every choices we think we're making up on our own.
And magazines just wants to print 5% of the truth and add 95% of bullshit.
How can I live with that?

It might just be work, but I don't want to participate in some kind of evil thing when I want to help others.
It doesn't help anybody.
Besides, I tried lying on the resume, that I would love writing articles and such, but I couldn't lie.
It just feels so wrong.
I can't lie in real life nor can I lie behind the computer.
I'm an honest person who can't change into something I'm not.

But what the hell should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;