June 13, 2011

The Beast and the Beauty

Title: The Beast and the Beauty
Original title: yasuwa minyeo (야수와 미녀)
Country: Korea
Genre: Comedy, Romance
Duration: 101 minutes
Released: October 27, 2005
Actors: Ryu Seung Beom, Sin Min A, Kim Gang U

Plot:

Hae Ju is a blind beautiful girl that sees her surroundings through her boyfriend's eyes.
Her boyfriend, Dong Geon, has a low self esteem and therefore described his looks as the popular boy, Jun Ha, from high school.
When Hae Ju gets a call from the doctor that she could have eye surgery, she's thrilled, but Dong Geon.. not so much.
He lies to his girlfriend and says that he has work to do in Hawaii, but instead he tries to get plastic surgery that doesn't work too well.
In the meanwhile Hae Ju bumps into Jun Ha and believes that he's her boyfriend at first...

Review:

I've only seen three movies that made me say "wtf" out loud, first movie: I'm a cyborg but that's OK.
The second one: The Doll Master.
And the third one is this one.
I guess it's just a coincidence that all three of them comes from Korea?
Actually I think that I've seen more weird movies from Korea.


Anyhow, I didn't like this movie so much, although I laughed at some parts just because it was just too much.
It felt so unreal that even vampires would be more real.
I really hoped this movie would be better, the plot seemed really interesting.

I don't think Dong Geon looked ugly or like a monster, I really think that he was overreacting.
Well, everyone was overreacting.
I really felt sorry for him though, it couldn't have been easy to think that it was unforgivable to lie about his looks and also think that his girlfriend would have been so superficial.
He wasn't a strong character though, but to his defence none of them were.

Hae Ju was really loud and whiny, but I guess it's better than keeping everything to herself.
And wow she was strong, it felt that she could move a truck if she wanted to, haha.
Unfortunately it's also the only thing that's strong about her.

Jun Ha was one of two characters that made me say "wtf" the most.
He's really got anger issues and is used to get what he wants.
He reminds me of a baby sometimes.
Though he really came through in the end.
He was noble enough to finally give other their happiness.

Do Sik was the other character that made me say "wtf" alot.
He was very random, and the ending scene, well like I said wtf?
It's funny that you know everything about him with just one word, and that is: Random.
I don't even have to say what he's like because that's enough.

Even though this movie is weird and random and weird again, it's still worth watching.
Especially if you want to think "wtf" all the time, haha.
I don't know if I should give it two stars or three.
And I really don't want to make a half star in photoshop right now.
But since I don't feel generous at the moment, I'll give this movie two stars.

2/5: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;