June 14, 2011

Heavenly Forest

Title: Heavenly Forest
Original title: tada, kimi wo aishiteru (ただ、君を愛してる)
Country: Japan
Genre: Drama, Romance
Duration: 116 minutes
Released: October 28, 2006
Actors: Tamaki Hiroshi, Miyazaki Aoi

Plot:

Makoto is a guy who hates big crowds and decides to skip the opening ceremony for the university freshmen.
Thanks to that he sees a girl who tries to cross over the street, without any luck.
They slowly become really good friends, and Makoto teaches the girl, Shizuru, to photograph.

Review:

I wasn't impressed by the beginning, it felt more like "Okay, this might be a good movie, and it might not".
Though I really wanted to see how it ended, and I actually was surprised by the ending.

I'm used to these kind of movies, but since it didn't say anything like this in the description, I wasn't prepared.
And it's a good thing, or else this movie wouldn't have been as good as it was.

Makoto is a guy who has a skin disease and thinks that his medicine smells.
Thanks to that he usually wants to be alone.
He's really cute in his behaviour; shy but still can say words correctly.
I really liked him, though he couldn't see his feelings until it was too late.
Hate when that happens...

Shizuru felt a bit childish, but the explanation came in the end.
I admit that I though she was a bit annoying, and her mood could go from very sad to really happy.
Which I felt really confused by, haha.
She's really cute though, and she wasn't afraid of anything.


This movie was nothing as I had expected.
Somehow I always pick these kind of movies without even knowing it.
It was really great though, would never have thought it when I watched the beginning.
It was a cute, sad story that really made me connect with the characters.
This movie is worth four stars out of five.

4/5: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;