May 30, 2011

Mioka

Title: Mioka
Country: Japan
Genre: TV Drama
Seasons: 1
Episodes: 10
Duration: 54min/ep
Air date: 10 Jul, 2010 - 18 Sep, 2010
Actors: Yoshitaka Yuriko, Hayashi Kento

Plot:

Hashimoto Taichi is a third year university student that doesn't know what he wants to do in the future.

One day he sees a girl - Mioka- standing at the top of the roof of the school building and thinks that she's about to commit suicide.
He runs up to her - ignoring his phobia of high places - and taking her in his arms, begging her to not commit suicide.
She answers that she's not about to take her life and runs away.
Later they meet again and Taichi starts to care more about her.
What he doesn't know yet is that she has a life threatening disease.

Review:

This drama made me cry a lot, and I'm really sad that it's over.
I would like this drama to last forever, because I really don't want it to end like this.
Even though it's so sad, it also made me laugh sometimes.
My favorite scene is when Mioka accidently drops a bowl with flour all over Taichi's head.
He looked really funny, and it was easy to laugh even though it was supposed to be sad.

Mioka has a great charisma, she does and says whatever she want and she's also an inspiration for all.
Even though she has a life threatening disease, she tries to be happy and outgoing.
It was heartbreaking to see how people in her surrounding acted at first, and to see her get worse due her illness.
Though, I really was happy that she could feel alive with Taichi, that she didn't give up.
Her ending scene wasn't as convincing as it should be.
That's the only thing I didn't like, but that has nothing to do with the character itself.

Taichi wasn't a great character at first, it seemed like he didn't want to be her, but felt guilty and had to be with her just to keep his promise to her.
Though he evolved as a person in each episode, and I really liked him at the end, because sure he was still quiet and such, but he showed his true feelings and everything he had in his heart instead of keeping it all inside.
He felt like a person and not a shell.

Kaori is Mioka's mom.
The reason why I didn't like her at first was because she wanted to put an end to the relationship between her daughter and Taichi, even though it would put an end for her happiness as well.
I know she only wanted what's best for her daughter, but I don't see why she would end a happiness like that.
Later she changed herself, because she could finally see what's really was best for her daughter.
I'm happy that she changed her mind, because I don't think she would like to be the reason why her daughter was so unhappy.
In the end, I liked her.

Hiroyuki is the doctor that felt more as a member of the family.

He's so understanding and does everything he can to help them and also lets Mioka has her fun.
Hiroyuki is my favorite character, he doesn't care what his boss tells him to do, he only cares for his patients.

I loved this drama, and I'm really glad that I watched it.
I only give this show four stars of five possible, because there was a few things that could have been better.
For an example Taichi could have been more caring instead of holding everything inside.
And the last Mioka scene wasn't convincing, but I swear that this show is worth watching.

4/5: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;