May 14, 2011

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Title: Vampire Academy
Series: Vampire Academy #1
Author: Richelle Mead
Genre: YA Paranormal
Format: Paperback
Pages: 332
Published: August 16th 2007
ISBN: 159514174X
ISBN-13: 9781595141743

Plot:

There is danger at St. Vladimir’s boarding school in Montana.
This is a school for Moroi and Dhampirs to learn their magic and bodyguard skills.
Rose was in training to become her best friend Lissa’s guardian, before she discovered the danger against Lissa.
They escaped the school and were found two years later and were brought back.
In this book you will see love, a friendship and a betrayal.
Rose was right; there is danger at school and it wants Lissa…



Review:

First time I read this book I was confused by all the terms, such as Dhampir, Moroi and Strigoi.
I didn’t learn everything until I was in the middle of the book, so I’m going to write them down for everyone who is going to have the same problem.

Strigoi = Dead vampires, they live forever and dies in sunlight, isolated from all magic and gets stronger if they get Moroi blood.

Moroi = Vampires that survives in sunlight but annoys them, they can do magic and hides from the Strigoi to survive, drinking blood from volunteer humans.

Dhampir = Half vampires, they train to become guardians for the Moroi, they are just like humans only that they are stronger, faster and so on.

Rose is a Dhampir and can be a little bitchy sometimes, but her character wouldn’t be the same if she weren’t.
I really like her taste in men I might add, and she’s really a good friend who does everything for Lissa.
Her training goes really well after a while - she’s really strong both her personality and her battle skills.
I wouldn’t mind having a friend like her. I would feel protected and happy.

Lissa is a royal Moroi who became quiet after the loss of her brother and parents two years ago.
She doesn’t really want the popular cute guy who has totally fallen for her.
She doesn’t even want the be in the cool crowd, so I’m glad that she found true friends after a while, even though it might have been hard to trust any new people.

I should not talk about the guys in this book, but I’m sure going to talk about them in the review of the second book, because I don’t want to spoil anything if you haven’t read this book before.
What I liked about this book the most, was that the love was so pure and open, and also forbidden.
I liked the way Rose thought, even though the jokes were a bit lame sometimes.
But hey, she did come up with something.

I would recommend this book and series as well to all people who enjoy vampires and true love.
This might have been the best series I’ve read, so don’t you dare miss this book because it’s mainstream right now.
This book is totally worth reading.
I would like to give 5 stars to this book to prove my point.
5/5:

/Tessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;